Graphing Function

baileyrey

I am struggling with this math question, this is one of the lesson i struggle the most with is graphing functions can you help me with this problem?

1. Graph the function y=2/x. Find the range of the function given that the domain of the function is all real numbers x, except x/=0. Draw a chart to show at least four ordered pairs that are on the graph.
Can you please help me begin

I am struggling with this math question, this is one of the lesson i struggle the most with is graphing functions can you help me with this problem?

1. Graph the function y=2/x. Find the range of the function given that the domain of the function is all real numbers x, except x/=0. Draw a chart to show at least four ordered pairs that are on the graph.

Can you please help me begin
Where are you stuck? You learned basic point-plotting back when you were doing linear equations; you'd start by filling a T-chart. (here) Once you got as far as rational functions of the type you're doing here, you'd learned about domain and range. In particular, you'd learned about finding the domain of rational functions by checking out the denominators. (here) You also studied asymptotes. (here) And then you studied the particulars of this sort of graphing. (here)

So where are you stuck? Please reply showing (or describing) all the parts you've done so far, starting with the vertical asymptote you found and the points that you plotted. Thank you! ;)