HELP PLEASE!!!!

Crystalsicles

Can someone help me with this problem?

Find the smallest positive angle in degrees and radians for which sec(t)=sqrt of 2. Draw and label a picture to help you find the correct answer. Write out how to go from degrees to radians, then use calculator?

I know how to go from degrees to radian, but not sure how to deal with the rest of the problem?

Also we have a question where it asks what Cos raised to 2 x equals I put 1- sin(x) but it was wrong. Why?

Any help is appreciated.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Find the smallest positive angle in degrees and radians for which sec(t)=sqrt of 2. Draw and label a picture to help you find the correct answer. Write out how to go from degrees to radians, then use calculator?

I know how to go from degrees to radian, but not sure how to deal with the rest of the problem?

Also we have a question where it asks what Cos raised to 2 x equals I put 1- sin(x) but it was wrong. Why?

Any help is appreciated.

a) One helpful method is to rewrite sec(t) in terms of cos(t):
sec(t) = 1/cos(t) = sqrt(2)
-----> cos(t) = 1/sqrt(2)
You should know by memory that t = 45 deg solves the above equation.

b) Try using the identity:
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) = 1

Ok so under the special angle values Cos is equivalent to 45 degrees right. Ok Im pretty sure I can draw that.

Im still stuck on the 2nd one. Im not sure how to get to that identity from Cos^2(x)?

Crystalsicles said:
Ok so under the special angle values Cos is equivalent to 45 degrees right. Ok Im pretty sure I can draw that.

Im still stuck on the 2nd one. Im not sure how to get to that identity from Cos^2(x)?

Nevermind. I got it.