Help with Algebra

cle65

Could some one please tutor me in algebra. I don't understand none of algabra. I'm failing my class and I need help with trying to understand problems. For example: 7-(4x-3)=22. I'm having a hard time trying to understand .

jonboy

Do you know or heard of the distributive property?

stapel

Super Moderator
Staff member
cle65 said:
Could some one please tutor me in algebra. I don't understand none of algabra.
Online tutors can help students work through specific exercises, but this assistance requires that the students have at least a basic grasp of the underlying material, something you indicate is entirely missing. Unfortunately, the volunteers cannot provide the hours of instruction necessary to provide this foundational understanding. :oops:

Since you need to start at the beginning and re-study all of algebra, you would probably be best served by hiring a qualified tutor local to your area. If you set aside an hour or two a day to work face-to-face with him, you may, with diligent effort, be able to get caught up to your class in only a few weeks. :wink:

My best wishes to you! :D

Eliz.

Denis

cle65 said:
Could some one please tutor me in algebra. I don't understand none of algabra. I'm failing my class and I need help with trying to understand problems. For example: 7-(4x-3)=22. I'm having a hard time trying to understand .
-(4x - 3) means -1(4x - 3) or -1 times (4x - 3) = -4x + 3,
which changes the equation to: 7 - 4x + 3 = 22;
if you're unable to complete, RE-READ Stapel's advice :shock: