Help!! "The two figures are congruent. Identify corresponding sides & angles."

Chioma

The two figures shown above are congruent. Identify the corresponding sides and angles.CA10B7BA-772F-439F-9FB6-E084EF7D3B95.jpeg

There are two right angles and one clearly longest side.

What do you need help with?

-Dan

Rotate one in your head until it sits on top if the other. That should help you answer the question.

What do you need help with?
It looks to me like @Chioma doesn't (fully) understand or hasn't been (properly) taught what congruent means.

I think the best thing might be if s/he were to have a look at
this site to make sure s/he understands the word and sees examples of congruency.

That should help them answer the question.

(
Afterthought: Though I have to say, the figures don't look congruent (or even 'similar') to me! ?)

Last edited:
You need to rotate one of the figures for this to work. :)

-Dan
Ha, ha, yes, of course, Dan. I know that, I was just commenting that the figures weren't very well drawn to indicate congruence. ?

It's not very good practice to provide learners with diagrams that don't match up 'congruently' (lol) to the conditions stated in the questions.
(
This thread is very much a case in point, ?)

My apologies to the question setters...

In the OP's picture (to me at least)
SP looks longer than BC, PQ looks shorter than CD and the measure of ∠PQR looks greater than that of ∠ADC but, having 'done' the rotation (in Paint.net), I now have to admit that the figures do, indeed, appear congruent. ?
My bad. ?
(Just old eyes I guess. ?)

CA10B7BA-772F-439F-9FB6-E084EF7D3B95.jpg
The OP still needs to go visit Math(s) is Fun and read up on Congruency, though! ??

Last edited: