How can I apply Taylor's theorem in this case?

AObeid

Hello, this is my first post on this forum! Glad I found a place that offers help on so many math subjects!
I've been having problems with one particular subject: Applying Taylor theorem to estimate an error.
Basically I have the function e(x^4) . I was asked to find its power series so by using the template of ex I found that e(x^4)= 1 + x4 + x8/2! + x12/3! ...
so e(x^4)=(summation) x4n/n! with n going from 0 till infinity.
Then I was asked to approximate the error with x = 0.5 while using P6(x) or the 6th degree taylor polynomial.
Now I know that P6(x) should be equal to 1+x4 = 1 +0.54 since there is no 6th degree of this polynomial right?
ANd if that's correct then how can I find the expression for the remainder Rn6(x) in order to estimate the error?
I know it should be the (n+1) derivative at a point c between 0 and x=0.5 but I couldn't go beyond that..
What am I missing here? Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello, this is my first post on this forum! Glad I found a place that offers help on so many math subjects!
I've been having problems with one particular subject: Applying Taylor theorem to estimate an error.
Basically I have the function e(x^4) . I was asked to find its power series so by using the template of ex I found that e(x^4)= 1 + x4 + x8/2! + x12/3! ...
so e(x^4)=(summation) x4n/n! with n going from 0 till infinity.
Then I was asked to approximate the error with x = 0.5 while using P6(x) or the 6th degree taylor polynomial.
Now I know that P6(x) should be equal to 1+x4 = 1 +0.54 since there is no 6th degree of this polynomial right?
ANd if that's correct then how can I find the expression for the remainder Rn6(x) in order to estimate the error?
I know it should be the (n+1) derivative at a point c between 0 and x=0.5 but I couldn't go beyond that..
What am I missing here? Thanks in advance for any help!

Although the template can find the coefficients for the series, you will need the actual derivative for the error term. So, letting t=x4 for convenience we have
f(0)(x) = et; f(0)(0) = 1
f(1)(x) = 4x3 et; f(1)(0) = 0
f(2)(x) = ...; f(2)(0) = 0
f(3)(x) = ...; f(3)(0) = 0
f(4)(x) = ...; f(4)(0) = 24
f(5)(x) = ...; f(5)(c) = ...
and find the c which maximizes f(5)(c) for c between 0 and 0.5.