How to make 'Solved' thread 'Unsolved' thread?

Dhamnekar Winod

How to make 'Solved' thread 'Unsolved' thread?

MarkFL

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should see a red button to mark one of your threads which you've previously marked as solved as unsolved:

fmh_unsolved.png

Otis

Elite Member
You should see a red button to mark … as unsolved…
I've never seen that button, Mark.

I had considered that maybe it disappears, once the 30-minute edit window expires. So, I just did a test (marking a new thread as solved). No red button.

Next, I tried editing the thread, to switch from 'Question' to 'Thread', and then editing it back to 'Question'. The thread returns to 'Solved', and no red button.

:(

MarkFL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never seen that button, Mark.

I had considered that maybe it disappears, once the 30-minute edit window expires. So, I just did a test (marking a new thread as solved). No red button.

Next, I tried editing the thread, to switch from 'Question' to 'Thread', and then editing it back to 'Question'. The thread returns to 'Solved', and no red button.

:(
That is part of an addon Ted installed, and so I don't really know how it behaves for all usergroups. I assumed mods and thread starters could change the status of threads, which seemed to me to be a reasonable assumption. If people who start threads as questions cannot set the status of the thread as they choose, then it seems kind of pointless to me. :)