Hyderabad physicist claims to prove 161-year-old Riemann Hypothesis

• Thread starter Deleted member 4993
  • Start date
Quotes from the Indiatimes article:

… an expert committee consisting of eight mathematicians and theoretical physicists was constituted in 2020 to look into the proof … The committee then examined the comments of the seven [international scholars] and the responses of the author and concluded that Eswaran’s proof of the RH is correct.
Wow, if it holds, then that's big news.

… [Over the past five years,] there was reluctance on the part of the editors of international journals to put the paper through a detailed peer review …
Well, the editors' reluctance is not news.

;)

How about statements like "The proof is trivial and left to the interested student." I have forgotten which of my textbooks that one is in.

-Dan

How about statements like "The proof is trivial and left to the interested student." I have forgotten which of my textbooks that one is in.

-Dan
My favorite post that I ever made at the other site where I post is because of the comments, one of which has that “left as an exercise for the student.” I probably made better answers there, but none that elicited comments that amused me more.

We just need to check any sections of the proof that begin with the word, "Clearly, ..."
Please don't remind me of that word! When I was an undergraduate student and I read as easily seen or is clear in my textbook then I knew that I had some hard studying time in front of me. I never see what others call obvious!

Beer induced doubt follows.
HYDERABAD: City-based mathematical physicist, Kumar Eswaran, ..

Read more at:
A few days ago, I got the following email notification from quora.com:

… Have referees been wrong before?
Not sure about that, but, after reading information published at Quora, it seems that there were no referees in this case.

\(\;\)

Beer induced doubt follows

Thanks for the link, Sir Jonah. Very revealing.

Screen shots from the response by Alon Amit, PhD (Vice President, Financial Products Management, Intuit)

rev1.JPG

rev2.JPG

Excerpt from Mr. Amit's answer at Quora:

rev3.JPG

I expect some have awakened to find hummus on their face!

;)