I don't understand...

iH8geometry137

Okay, I found the distance of the diagonals and the slope of the diagonals...now how do I tell what it is? (like a square, rhombus, quad, parallelogram, trapeziod...)

1) d of BE= radical 52 d of DC= radical 208 m of BE= -4/0 m of DC= 0/-12

2) d of AC= radical 68 d of BD= radical 50 m of AC= 1/4 m of BD= -7

4) d of RK= radical 40 d of IT=radical 40 m of RK= 1 m of IT= 1

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I found the distance of the diagonals and the slope of the diagonals...now how do I tell what it is? (like a square, rhombus, quad, parallelogram, trapeziod...)

1) d of BE= radical 52 d of DC= radical 208 m of BE= -4/0 m of DC= 0/-12

2) d of AC= radical 68 d of BD= radical 50 m of AC= 1/4 m of BD= -7

4) d of RK= radical 40 d of IT=radical 40 m of RK= 1 m of IT= 1

Hello, iH8geometry137,

I have no idea where A,B,C,D,E,I,T,R, and K are with respect to one another, but I can make some observations. If by “m” you mean slope, and the slope of BE = -4/0, then the slope is “undefined” and you have a vertical line. The slope of DE = 0/(-12) = 0 is a horizontal line. If you have a horizontal and a vertical line for diagonals (or sides?), then they are perpendicular to each other. Hint: What two kinds of quadrilaterals have perpendicular diagonals (or sides?)?

Are all of these segments supposed to be diagonals? Note that RK and IT both have the same slope (m = 1), which means they are parallel. They cannot be diagonals of a quadrilateral. Note also that RK = IT. Only the diagonals of a square or rectangle (among quadrilaterals) will be equal in length.

It might be helpful is you restated the problem exactly as it appears in the book.

I believe this goes under this topic.....

I missed todays math lesson so I dont get the assaigment even with the online lessons.

The directions are:
Write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line that passes through the given point and is perpendicular to the graph of each equation.
Q1:
x-6y=2; (2,4)
I usually get stuck when i start out writing the equations.
I no this sounds like im stupid but i really need help.

iiiifreak said:
I believe this goes under this topic.....
Please post new questions as new threads, not as "hijacks" of other students' threads.

Thank you for your consideration.

Eliz.