I need optimization help

mlane

I have a right triangle with a value of a side which is not the hyp. inside the right triangle I have another triangle with angle Theta. On the base of the triangle the distance is and unknown in relation to speed. The second speed is 3 times that of the first speed these distances connect the triangle at the base. I tried to insert a pic but I can't make it work. How can I optimized the value of theta.[/img]

You refers to speeds, but triangles don't have speeds, so I'm going to guess that this figure relates to some word problem. If so, please reply with the full and exact text of the original exercise, and describe all of the steps you have tried thus far. If you can't include the image, then please label your own drawing clearly (naming points, etc) and then provide a detailed description.

Thank you.

Eliz.

optimization

AN observer stands at a point point S on a track. Two runners start at the point S and run along the track. One runner runs three times as fast as the other. Find The max value of the observer's anle of sight theta between the runners. I don't know how to put the picture in.[/img]

Please post new questions as new threads, not as replies to old questions.

When you re-post this as its own thread, please show what you have tried and specify where you are having difficulty. Thank you.

Eliz.