In a population, μ = 100 and σX = 25. A sample (N = 150) has X = 102.

Kamm

If anyone can help or explain to me how to do this I would really appreciate it.

In a population, μ = 100 and σX = 25. Asample (N = 150) has X = 102. Using two tails of the samplingdistribution and the .05 criterion: (a) What is the critical value? (b) Is thissample in the region of rejection? How do you know? (c) What does this indicateabout the likelihood of this sample occurring in this population? (d) Whatshould we conclude about the sample?
A

In a population, μ = 100 and σX = 25. A sample (N = 150) has X = 102. Using two tails of the sampling distribution and the .05 criterion:

(a) What is the critical value?
(b) Is this sample in the region of rejection? How do you know?
(c) What does this indicate about the likelihood of this sample occurring in this population?
(d) What should we conclude about the sample?

If anyone can help or explain to me how to do this I would really appreciate it.
Are you saying that you missed the weeks when this material was covered in class, and need lesson instruction? Thank you! ;)

Responder

Yes I read my text book and all but do not quite get the concept

No I read the chapters but still do not quite get the concept I even looked at videos
I know that the mean is 100 know the population ox =25 Sample (N=25) not sure how to find the critical value
I have to use the two tail method which makes the mean in the middle and believe the .05=3 but that I It