intermediate algebra

hopen2impov

solve using the five step problem solving process, translate, reword, carry-out, check, and state.

an object's attitude in meters is given by the polynomial ht vt -.8t^2

huh, how do i get started, i do not understand this?

hopen2impov said:
solve using the five step problem solving process, translate, reword, carry-out, check, and state.

I don't think you have posted the COMPLETE problem. Please check and edit.

hopen2impov said:
an object's [altitude] in meters is given by the polynomial ht vt -.8t^2

Look closely at "ht vt".

That means ht times vt, which is h*v*t^2.

Are you absolutely certain that there is no arithmetic operator (or an equal sign) between ht and vt ?

Also, look very closely at ht. Are you sure that it is h*t ?

Please check to make sure it is not h(t) or h[sub:20o6ulhu]0[/sub:20o6ulhu] or something else.

Finally, WHAT is the question in this exercise ?

I mean, you gave us an expression, but you did not post the instructions that go with it.

Exactly what did they ask you to find or to do, in this exercise ?

If the given expression is truly ht vt - 0.8t^2 with an absence of instructions, then skip this exercise. Your materials have a misprint.

hopen2impov said:

Besides that part I showed in RED (which I'm pretty sure is NOT in your textbook that way), I too am very puzzled by this: ht vt -.8t^2

You absolutely MUST type problems correctly here if you expect us to help you. And, you need to tell us what you are supposed to DO with the problem. What is the question? I don't see one!

Use the five step problem solving process,

an object altitude in meters is given by the polynomial h+vh-9.8t^2 which h is the height in meters from which the launch occurs. V is the initial upward speed in meters per second, and t is the number from which the rocket is airborne. A pebble is shot upward from the top of the building 164 meters tall. If the initial speed is 36 meters per second. how high above ground will the pebble be after 3 seconds? ( round to the nearest tenth of a meter)

Sorry, i had to recheck tis and you're right, there was more to it. I can't explain how i missed all of this :?

hopen2impov said:
Use the five step problem solving process,

an object altitude in meters is given by the polynomial h+vh-9.8t^2 which h is the height in meters from which the launch occurs. V is the initial upward speed in meters per second, and t is the number from which the rocket is airborne. A pebble is shot upward from the top of the building 164 meters tall. If the initial speed is 36 meters per second. how high above ground will the pebble be after 3 seconds? ( round to the nearest tenth of a meter)

Sorry, i had to recheck tis and you're right, there was more to it. I can't explain how i missed all of this :?

You need to fix that (vh). Also there should an "equal to" sign some where.

Where exactly are you stuck with this problem? This is a simple matter of evalution of a function.