logics: can I assume that "equal" is concrete case of "different"?

Ryan$

logics: can I assume that "equal" is concrete case of "different"?

Hi guys; I want to verify about something that I'm taking it into consideration but maybe it's wrong ; can I assume that "equal" is concrete case of "different"? because since we want to solve problem we are looking at it in general; I mean in differently ; in other words we are not assume a concrete cases but we are making it in general..

so in that case can I assume that different is a general case of "equal"?
for example; if I want to solve a problem I solve it in general in other words "any case" must be my solutions satisfied .. so "any case" means in different cases and not a specific/concrete case to take to solve a problem; so we must look at problem in "different" cases .. my question in that aspect the different cases is overwhelm "equal" case . right?

HallsofIvy

Elite Member
I can't make heads or tails out of this. Can you give an example of the kind of problem you are trying to solve?

Subhotosh Khan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi guys; I want to verify about something that I'm taking it into consideration but maybe it's wrong ; can I assume that "equal" is concrete case of "different"? because since we want to solve problem we are looking at it in general; I mean in differently ; in other words we are not assume a concrete cases but we are making it in general..

so in that case can I assume that different is a general case of "equal"?
for example; if I want to solve a problem I solve it in general in other words "any case" must be my solutions satisfied .. so "any case" means in different cases and not a specific/concrete case to take to solve a problem; so we must look at problem in "different" cases .. my question in that aspect the different cases is overwhelm "equal" case . right?
I assume that your mother-tongue is not english (neither is mine). To discuss these philosophical matters - where you are looking into the meaning of english words - you may find it more fruitful to discuss with someone who speaks your language and can decipher the intended meaning of your questions.

I, for one, fail to understand your question.

Denis

Ryan$

All fine guys; anyway all good just after two hours of thinking I convinced myself .. thanks.

pka

Elite Member
All fine guys; anyway all good just after two hours of thinking I convinced myself .. thanks.
Ryan$, why don't you do us the honor to letting us in on mystery & its answer?

Ryan$

Ryan$, why don't you do us the honor to letting us in on mystery & its answer?
I will let you to know .. I've asked about something which "why" we need to look at problem in general way, I mean in all its possibilities and never limit the possibilities of the problem if it must be solved in general ; so imagine that you have a problem doesn't matter what it's but what is matter; it maybe has two cases "equal" and "different" .. so in general you should pick the different case to solve the problem because "different" is overwhelm the case of "equal" in other words "equal" is a concrete of "different" ......... got me?!