lost in translation..!

lucky

Can somebody help me with that?

Perform a hypothesis test for the population mean. Assume that preliminary data analyses indicate that it is reasonable to apply the z-test.

A researcher claims that the amounts of acetaminophen in a certain brand of cold tablets have a mean different from the 600 mg claimed by the manufacturer. Test this claim at the 0.02 level of significance. The mean acetaminophen content for a random sample of n = 50 tablets is 603.5 mg. Assume that the population standard deviation is 4.8 mg.

Your answer is comprised of: Ho, Ha, the test statistic, the critical value(s), and whether you should reject or accept the hypothesis.

lucky said:
Can somebody help me with that?

Perform a hypothesis test for the population mean. Assume that preliminary data analyses indicate that it is reasonable to apply the z-test.

A researcher claims that the amounts of acetaminophen in a certain brand of cold tablets have a mean different from the 600 mg claimed by the manufacturer. Test this claim at the 0.02 level of significance. The mean acetaminophen content for a random sample of n = 50 tablets is 603.5 mg. Assume that the population standard deviation is 4.8 mg.

Your answer is comprised of: Ho, Ha, the test statistic, the critical value(s), and whether you should reject or accept the hypothesis.

Your problem calls for a two-tail z test. The way you ask the question makes it difficult to know what background you have in the study of statistics and how you will interpret an answer to your question. So let me be brief and you can follow up with any further questions you may have:

Ho: mu=600
Ha: mu is not equal to 600
Test Statistic: 5.16
Critical values: +-2.326
Reject the hypothesis (Ho).

Hope this helps