making formulas for an equation

greenfreak

I am in Algebra 1, i am having trouble with putting equations with a formula i need help if anybody can help me please reply! :(

Denis

Only way we can help is if you post an ACTUAL problem.

stapel

Super Moderator
Staff member
greenfreak said:
I am...having trouble with putting equations with a formula
What does it mean to "put" an equation? What, exactly, are you trying to do? :shock:

Please be complete. Thank you! :D

Eliz.

greenfreak

what i mean by 'putting' is that i have to tAKE a equation and solve it using a formula, i can solve the problem without using a formula, it is usually correct, but we are trying to assign a formula to a problem and solve it. my trouble is this is hard for me and i need some help on how to do this. :?

stapel

Super Moderator
Staff member
greenfreak said:
i have to tAKE a equation and solve it using a formula
I've only ever heard of using the Quadratic Formula, and that's only for solving quadratic equations. And equations requiring the Quadratic Formula don't generally have "easier" methods. :shock:

greenfreak said:
we are trying to assign a formula to a problem and solve it. my trouble is this is hard for me and i need some help on how to do this. :?
I'm sorry, but we still don't understand what you're doing. Are you saying that you have a list of formulas (or do you mean "equations"?) and you have to pick the one which best models a word problem? Or something else? :?:

It would still be very helpful if you would post a specific example, showing what you've tried (including your non-formula method of solution). :idea:

Thank you! :D

Eliz.