Need Help on this one problem.

StarBoy

Hey I really need help finding all possible exterior angles in a triangle, and if possible an explanation so I will know what to do next time I encounter such a problem.

Hey I really need help finding all possible exterior angles in a triangle, and if possible an explanation so I will know what to do next time I encounter such a problem.
This is not a difficult question, but the notation is.
The say that \(\displaystyle \Delta ABC\) is a triangle (tri meaning three) means that it is \(\displaystyle \overline{AB}\cup\overline{BC}\cup\overline{CA}\)
Its three angles are \(\displaystyle \overrightarrow {AB} \cup \overrightarrow {AC} ,\;\overrightarrow {BA} \cup \overrightarrow {BC} \;\& \;\overrightarrow {CB} \cup \overrightarrow {CA} \)

BUT to discuss every exterior angle takes more notation:
To say \(\displaystyle D-A-B-E\) means that they are colinear, \(\displaystyle \overleftrightarrow {DABE}\)
So let's say \(\displaystyle F-B-C-G~\&~H-A-C-I\)
\(\displaystyle \angle HAB,\angle ABF,\angle EBC, \angle BCI, \angle GCA, \& \angle CAD\) are the exterior angles.

You really need to draw this diagram to see the result.
If you do not understand the notation, the you need more background to understand the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Each angle in the triangle (or polygon) generates 2 exterior angles.