need help understanding: if I have X then by superposition I can do X=x1+x2+x3+x4+x5+x6+x7+x8.....+xn

Hi guys, sometimes I find it hard to go to aspect of "superposition" of something , I mean for example v1+v2+v3+v4 which they are speeds, I can say all of them are V=v1+v2+v3+v4 which V also speed.. but I can't imagine how superposition go.. can anyone help me how should I imagine the method of "superposition" to start using it in my solutions?! thanks alot.

I have no idea what "superposition" means here. Are these "v"s vectors and you are referring to vector addition?

for example Etotal=E1+E2+E3+E4 which E is electric fields .. I mean with superposition "adding many amounts" that's leading to the required amount.

Hi guys, I'm not getting the idea the superposition method in math, I mean if I have X then by superposition I can do X=x1+x2+x3+x4+x5+x6+x7+x8.....+xn
but why?! thanks. I'm not understanding the concept of superposition ..
I'm curious about something. You are apparently trying to work with algebraic equations but you are asking for detailed definitions for things like addition, subtraction, etc. Basic ideas that are usually taught in Middle School. What level are you at?

Your last post, for example. Given your basic questions I am amazed that you are bringing electric fields into this conversation.

-Dan

"for example Etotal=E1+E2+E3+E4 which E is electric fields .. I mean with superposition "adding many amounts" that's leading to the required amount."
Oh, that's why I could not understand what you were asking. That "superposition" is a purely physics property of electric fields, not mathematics!

HI guys, sometimes I'm getting lost and don't know when I can use "superposition" rule.
for example if I have power F1 on specific item, and afterwards there's another power F2 in the same time work with F1 so we can solve the problem by taking F1 separately and doing calculation, afterwards taking F2 and doing calculations and then the solution is : first solution+second solution.

how's that correct? how can I know when I can use supervision between things and separate things from each other?!

thanks alot

HI guys, sometimes I'm getting lost and don't know when I can use "superposition" rule.
for example if I have power F1 on specific item, and afterwards there's another power F2 in the same time work with F1 so we can solve the problem by taking F1 separately and doing calculation, afterwards taking F2 and doing calculations and then the solution is : first solution+second solution.

how's that correct? how can I know when I can use supervision between things and separate things from each other?!

thanks alot
Please give us a "concrete" example.

In short - superposition is an "approximation" (all the answers from physical world are approximations).

When the relationship between the input & the output is linear - you can use superposition.

When the out-put is "small"- you can use superposition (very carefully).