Percentage please help ?

Sisjssj

Liam had 75% more magnets than John at first. Liam gave away 200% as many magnets as John. John was left with 25% of the magnets he had at first. What fraction of Liam's magnets did he have in the end?

Please help me

Liam had 75% more magnets than John at first. Liam gave away 200% as many magnets as John. John was left with 25% of the magnets he had at first. What fraction of Liam's magnets did he have in the end?

Please help me
Please share your thoughts/work and tell us exactly where you are stuck!

I believe this belongs in the beginning algebra section...

Are you familiar with representing quantities in terms of letters and doing arithmetic with them?

this forum asks that you show some of your working so we can best help you get better :)

Please help me
One way to start thinking about this (and maybe end up doing all the work) is to pick some simple numbers to work with. I say this because all the facts are about ratios or percentages, not about absolute numbers, so the actual numbers won't matter.

So suppose John starts with 100 magnets. How many does Liam start with? How many does John end up with? How many did John give away? And so on. If this sort of thinking doesn't actually give you the answer, it will at least make you more aware of the details of the story, which can help in deciding on another method.