please help me with my math1010 project

paul

The proplem: A local business Plans on advertizing their newproduct by purchasing advertisements on the radio and on TV. The business plansto purchase at least 60 total ads and they want to have at least twice as manyTV ads as radio ads. Radio ads cost $20 each and TV ads cost $80 each. Theadvertising budget is $4320. It is estimated that each radio ad will be heardby 2000 listeners and each TV ad will be seen by 1500 people. How many of eachtype of ad should be purchased tomaximize the number of people who will be reached by the advertisements?

Let X be the number of radio ads that are purchased and Y bethe number of TV ads.

1.Write down a linear inequality for the total number ofdesired ads.

2.Write down a linear inequality for the cost of the ads.

3.Recall that the business wants at least twice as many TVads as radio ads. Write down a linear inequality that expresses this fact.

4. There are two more constraints that must be met. theserelate to fact that there cannot be snegative numbers of advertisments. Write the two inequalities that model theseconstraints:

5.Next, write down the function for the number of peoplethat will be exposed to the advertisements. This is the Objective Function forthe problem. P=

You now have four linear inequalities and objectivefunction. These togather describe the situation. This combined set ofinequalities and objective function make up what is known mathmatically as a(linear programming) proplem. Write all of the inequalities and the objectivefunction together below. This is typically written as a list of constraints,with the objective function last.

6. to solve this proplem, you need to graph the(intersection) of all five inequalities on one common XY plane. Have the bottomleft be the origin, with the horizontal axis representing Y. Label the axeswith what they represent and label your lines as you graph them.

7. The shaded region in the above graph is called thefeasible region. Any (x,y) point in theregion corresponds to a possible number of the radio and TV ads that will meetall requirments of the proplem. However,the values that will maximize thenumber of people exposed to the ads will occur at one of the vertices orcorners of the region. Your region should have three corners, Find thecoordinate of these corners by solving the appropriate system of the linearequations. Be sure to show your work and label (x,y) coordinates of the cornersin your graph.

8.To find which number of radio and TV ads will maximize thenumber of people who are exposed to the business advertisements, evaluate theobjective function P for each of the vertices you found. Show your work

9. write a sentense describing how many of each type ofadvertisement should be purchased and what is the maximum number of people willbe exposed to the ad.

10. Reflective Writing
Did this project change the way you think about how math canbe applied to the real world?
Write one paragraph stating what ideas changedand why. If this project did not change the way you think, write how thisproject gave further evidence to support your exiting opinion about applyingmath. be specific

ok this is my work is till need help with the graphicly part explain and help please
1 = = = = = = =
"The business plans to purchase at least 60 total ads"
(Total of ads) ≥ 60
(Number of TV ads) + (Number of radio ads) ≥ 60

2 = = = = = = =
"Radio ads cost $20 each and TV ads cost $80 each."
(Total costs of ads) = (Cost of TV ads) + (Cost of radio ads)
= (Number of TV ads)×(Cost of one TV ad) + (Number of radios ads)×(Cost of one radio ad)
= (Number of TV ads)×$80 + (Number of radio ads)×$20

"The advertising budget is $4320."
$4320 ≥ (Total costs of ads)
$4320 ≥ (Number of TV ads)×$80 + (Number of radio ads)×$20

3 = = = = = = =
"and they want to have at least twice as many TV ads as radio ads."
(Number of TV ads) ≥ 2×(Number of radio ads)

4 = = = = = = =
"there cannot be negative numbers of advertisments."
(Number of TV ads) ≥ 0
(Number of radio ads) ≥ 0

5 = = = = = = =
"Each radio ad will be heard by 2000 listeners and each TV ad will be seen by 1500 people."
(Number of people exposed to the ads) = 2000×(Number of radio ads) + 1500×(Number of TV ads)

Let x be the number of radios ads.
Let y be the number of TV ads.

Then the problem is fully described by:
{ x ≥ 0
{ y ≥ 0
{ y ≥ 2x
{ 4320 ≥ 20x + 80y ↔ 216 ≥ x + 4y
{ x + y ≥ 60
{ P = 2000x + 1500y should be maximal.

= = = = = = =
i need help here

Suffice to say that the algebraic solving is:
{ 216 ≥ x + 4y
{ y ≥ 2x
4y ≥ 8x
x + 4y ≥ 9x
216 ≥ x + 4y ≥ 9x ≥ 0
24 ≥ x ≥ 0
Thus x is maxed at x=24
Then knowing y≥2x, y must be at least 48.

This means for x=24 and y=48:
(Spent on ads) = 24×$20 + 48×$80 = $4320
and we have spent the entire budget! :)

The maximal number of people exposed to the ads will thus be:
(Number of people exposed to the ads) = 2000×24 + 1500×48 = 120,000 people

ok this is my work is till need help with the graphicly part explain and help please
1 = = = = = = =
"The business plans to purchase at least 60 total ads"
(Total of ads) ≥ 60
(Number of TV ads) + (Number of radio ads) ≥ 60

2 = = = = = = =
"Radio ads cost $20 each and TV ads cost $80 each."
(Total costs of ads) = (Cost of TV ads) + (Cost of radio ads)
= (Number of TV ads)×(Cost of one TV ad) + (Number of radios ads)×(Cost of one radio ad)
= (Number of TV ads)×$80 + (Number of radio ads)×$20

"The advertising budget is $4320."
$4320 ≥ (Total costs of ads)
$4320 ≥ (Number of TV ads)×$80 + (Number of radio ads)×$20

3 = = = = = = =
"and they want to have at least twice as many TV ads as radio ads."
(Number of TV ads) ≥ 2×(Number of radio ads)

4 = = = = = = =
"there cannot be negative numbers of advertisments."
(Number of TV ads) ≥ 0
(Number of radio ads) ≥ 0

5 = = = = = = =
"Each radio ad will be heard by 2000 listeners and each TV ad will be seen by 1500 people."
(Number of people exposed to the ads) = 2000×(Number of radio ads) + 1500×(Number of TV ads)

Let x be the number of radios ads.
Let y be the number of TV ads.

Then the problem is fully described by:
{ x ≥ 0 Good
{ y ≥ 0 Good
{ y ≥ 2x Good
{ 4320 ≥ 20x + 80y ↔ 216 ≥ x + 4y Good
{ x + y ≥ 60 Good
{ P = 2000x + 1500y should be maximal. Good

= = = = = = =
i need help here

Do you know how to graph linear EQUATIONS? If so, graphing inequations is easy. You first graph the corresponding equations. They will define some polygon. You just shade the interior of the polygon. Note that for some reason you are asked to reverse the normal layout of x and y co-ordinants. Here is a site that explains graphing a single linear inequality. http://www.purplemath.com/modules/ineqgrph.htm

Suffice to say that the algebraic solving is:
{ 216 ≥ x + 4y
{ y ≥ 2x
4y ≥ 8x
x + 4y ≥ 9x
216 ≥ x + 4y ≥ 9x ≥ 0
24 ≥ x ≥ 0
Thus x is maxed at x=24
Then knowing y≥2x, y must be at least 48.

This means for x=24 and y=48:
(Spent on ads) = 24×$20 + 48×$80 = $4320
and we have spent the entire budget! :)

The maximal number of people exposed to the ads will thus be:
(Number of people exposed to the ads) = 2000×24 + 1500×48 = 120,000 people
Hope this helps

The points for the graphic should they be cetain points or i could pick any.
Also quistion 7,8,9 you didnt correct them.Im I right or there is any missing please let me know. And thank you so much for helping

The points for the graphic should they be cetain points or i could pick any.
Also quistion 7,8,9 you didnt correct them.Im I right or there is any missing please let me know. And thank you so much for helping
Paul

It is very difficult to respond to a post that is in two different places. The questions are in your other post. Please do not do that again. One problem in one post one time.

I did not respond to questions 7, 8, and 9 because you showed no work. I need to ask you some very basic questions.

Do you know how to graph a linear equation? A linear inequation?
Do you know how to solve a system of n linear equations in n unknowns?
Do you know what a polygon is?
Do you know what a vertex of a polygon is?

You need those basic skills to address 7, 8, and 9, which are more instructions for things for you to do than pure questions.

They also give an explanation of the basic idea in linear programming. A linear objective function has its maxima and minima at the vertices of the polygon of smallest area formed by the boundary lines of the inequalities that represent constraints. There are only a finite number of vertices. So you can find the maxima and minima simply by evaluating the objective function at the various vertices.