pls help, I dont know how to go about answering this question....

lue

A local zoo offers three different memberships: an individual membership for R99 per year, a dual membership for R175 per year, and a family membership for R250 per year. What is the total membership revenue for the year, AS WELL as the amount of the total revenue contributed by each membership type. I dont want someone to answer it for me ,just an idea on how to do it , pls....

lue

A local zoo offers three different memberships: an individual membership for R99 per year, a dual membership for R175 per year, and a family membership for R250 per year. What is the total membership revenue for the year, AS WELL as the amount of the total revenue contributed by each membership type. I dont want someone to answer it for me ,just an idea on how to do it , pls....
i multiplied the membership fees .total revenue= 99x175x250= 4331250 .... Then I divided the total revenue by each membership amount to get the total revenue contributed by each membership type .. individual = 4331250/90= 43 750 , dual= 4331250/175=24750, family= 4331250/250=17325...

lev888

Elite Member
i multiplied the membership fees .total revenue= 99x175x250= 4331250 .... Then I divided the total revenue by each membership amount to get the total revenue contributed by each membership type .. individual = 4331250/90= 43 750 , dual= 4331250/175=24750, family= 4331250/250=17325...
Please explain each step in your solution.
I don't think we have enough information. We need to know how many memberships have been purchased.

lue

Please explain each step in your solution.
I don't think we have enough information. We need to know how many memberships have been purchased.
this is why I was confused ,it didnt say how many memberships have been purchased. That was the information I was given.....what I did there was just a random idea I dont even know how to explain it. it was one of those "oh maybe I should do it like this"

Last edited:

lev888

Elite Member
this is why I was confused ,it didnt say how many memberships have been purchased. That was the information I was given.....what I did there was just a random idea I dont even know how to explain it. it was one of those "oh maybe I should do it like this"
Feel free to use random ideas on your way to the solution. But you have to justify the solution by very non-random math reasoning. If you can't do it, if you can't explain it - that's not even an attempt worth posting.

pka

Elite Member
Suppose that [imath]\mathcal{I,~D,~\&~F}[/imath] are the numbers of yearly individual memberships, dual memberships & family memberships respectively.
The total revenue is [imath] \mathcal{R^{re}=99^{re}\cdot I+175^{re}\cdot D+250^{re}\cdot F}[/imath]

lue

Feel free to use random ideas on your way to the solution. But you have to justify the solution by very non-random math reasoning. If you can't do it, if you can't explain it - that's not even an attempt worth posting.
okay , I didnt know. I apologize.

lue

Suppose that [imath]\mathcal{I,~D,~\&~F}[/imath] are the numbers of yearly individual memberships, dual memberships & family memberships respectively.
The total revenue is [imath] \mathcal{R^{re}=99^{re}\cdot I+175^{re}\cdot D+250^{re}\cdot F}[/im [/QUOTE][/imath]

The total revenue is [imath] \mathcal{R^{re}=99^{re}\cdot I+175^{re}\cdot D+250^{re}\cdot F}[/imath]
i'm confused ,can you please explain

Jomo

Elite Member
Think about pka wrote, it is fairly clear.
What part do you not understand? Do you understand how he defined his three variables?