Probability of occurrence 3 times out of 11 (playing golf against Low-Net-Score guy)

Clemgolf

What are the odds of an outcome that has a 2% chance of occurring at any one event happening 3 times out of 11? What is the formula for that?

Longer version. The odds of anyone in our golf league playing against the guy with Low Net score is 1 out of 50. One player has had the Low Net against him 3 times out of 11 weeks. What are the odds of that?

Thanks

What are the odds of an outcome that has a 2% chance of occurring at any one event happening 3 times out of 11? What is the formula for that?

Longer version. The odds of anyone in our golf league playing against the guy with Low Net score is 1 out of 50. One player has had the Low Net against him 3 times out of 11 weeks. What are the odds of that?
What are your thoughts? What have you tried? Which formulas from class have you applied? How far have you gotten? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

Thanks

Binomial probability.

Have a look here for the formula: http://www.mathwords.com/b/binomial_probability_formula.htm

The probability works out to be 0.001123 (I'm assuming you are a golfer and not a student of mathematics.)

Thanks

You are right, I am a golfer. Used to be in actuarial science but that was many moons ago and I had forgotten the formula. Thanks.