Revolutions

franklin91

How many revolutions will a car wheel of diameter 32 inches make as the car travels a distance of nine miles?

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out with this problem....word problems are always such a problem for me and I would really appreciate it thehelp....or at least a way to approach this problem

franklin91 said:
How many revolutions will a car wheel of diameter 32 inches make as the car travels a distance of nine miles?

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out with this problem....word problems are always such a problem for me and I would really appreciate it thehelp....or at least a way to approach this problem

Hi franklin91,

Find the circumference of the wheel. C= Pi times the diameter = 32 Pi inches

Find out how many inches in 9 miles. 9 times 5280 ft times 12 inches = 570240 inches.

Divide the number of inches in 9 miles by the circumference of the wheel. 570240 / (32 Pi) = 5672.3 revolutions.

masters said:
Divide the number of inches in 9 miles by the circumference of the wheel.
570240 / (32 Pi) = 5672.3 revolutions.[/size]
...and you'll get a flat during the final .3 revolution...

there 3.67 miles to your grandparents’ home and u got If the circumference of each wheel on your bicycle is 82.6 inches, how many revolutions of a bicycle wheel will it take to get to your grandparents’ home?

there 3.67 miles to your grandparents’ home and u got If the circumference of each wheel on your bicycle is 82.6 inches, how many revolutions of a bicycle wheel will it take to get to your grandparents’ home?
Please start a new thread and follow the posting guidelines.