SIMPLE RANDOM SAMPLE USED IN QUESTION

RicanGurl

A simple random sample of 1200 adult Americans is selected and each person is asked the following question. "In light of the huge national deficit, should the government at this time spend additional money to establish a national system of health insurance?"

Only 39% of those responding answered yes. This survey

A) is reasonably accurate because it used a large sample, simple random sample.

B) probably overstates the percentage of people that favor a system of national health insurance.

C) probably understates the percentage of people that favor a system of national health insurance.

D) is very inaccurate, but neither understates nor overstates the percentage of people that favor a system of national health insurance. Because simple random sampling was used, it is unbiased.

I feel like the answer is A, but I'm also looking at C... need your thoughts or opinions. I NEED HELP

The phrase "In light of the huge national deficit" is a tip-off that this question has been rigged to elicit one particular response. This is built in bias and negates the validity of the results. It encourages people to say "no" to national health care, so the correct answer is most likely "C".