Solve this system with computer

markraz

Hi does anyone know how to solve this system with a computer? I get a "non square matrix" error with python and other languages. Any ideas? can this somehow be rearranged?
thanks
1611020244295.png

Hi does anyone know how to solve this system with a computer? I get a "non square matrix" error with python and other languages. Any ideas? can this somehow be rearranged?
thanks
View attachment 24466
You have 3 equations and 4 unknowns. You need to have another equation or "constraint" to be able to solve for those 4 unknowns uniquely.

You have 3 equations and 4 unknowns. You need to have another equation or "constraint" to be able to solve for those 4 unknowns uniquely.
thanks, is there a standard procedure for adding a constraint? or another equation? is it some variation of the the other 3 equations? thanks

Last edited:
How about adding a row of zeros, a dummy variable and a column of zeros?

thanks that is a great. one question They solve for z
View attachment 24475

could I solve for any of the other variables? and get the same final answer?

thanks again
Look at where it says real solution and where it says solution as those are the solutions! They happen to be the same since s'solution' include complex solutions and there are none.

View attachment 24477
Are you trying to program this? Or are you trying to use online software that is complaining about a non square system? If the 2nd, then just use Wolfram Alpha.
Hi ,yeah I am writing a C++ computer program. It doesn't like the non square matrices. I'm trying to get around that limitation.
thanks