THE SAMPLING DISTRIBUTION OF THE SAMPLE MEAN - Brief Chapter Test

JinjaNinja1

Hey guys,

I just took a test online 'The Sampling Distribution of the Sample Mean' chapter from Weiss 9th edition and I did not perform too well. Out of 8 questions I got only 3 fully correct, 4 partially correct and 1 completely wrong.

The ones I got wrong/partially wrong are these:

Question 1 - (9/10)

Question 3 - (0/5)

Question 4 - (3/4)

Question 5 - (1/7)

Question 6 - (2/6)

I'm having trouble with questions 3 and 5. Can somebody please explain to me the method to solve them? And I would also appreciate your remarks on questions 1,4, and 6 those of which I got partial credit for. I would like to know which parts in these questions I went wrong and how to correct them.

I tried on my own to see if there was something similar to Q3 and Q5 in the text book. But there was none. :(

Here's the dropbox link containing the screenshots of these questions. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pco46wqjhcxivov/AACVux7MTE-1vy_5O2ofQk2wa?dl=0

Thanks so much for your help.

Erm... sorry, but these screenshots you posted to Dropbox don't actually contain the full problems. Like, problem #1 says:

The data in the table represents the wealth, in billions of dollars, of six people. Use the data to answer questions {a) through (e)

But then there's no table included. Similarly, problem #2 also references a non-existent table. I haven't checked the other six problems, but I assume they're all missing integral parts of the problem.

Last edited: