trig

christina18

are these right?...

1. The exact trig function value with rational denominator for csc 45 degrees is:
a. radical (2)
b. 1
c. 2 radical (3)
d. 1/2
*choice d

2. Using a calculator find the value of cot (-414degrees) to four decimal places.
a. -0.7265
b. -9.5143
c. -1.3764
d. -2.2460
*choice b

3. the cofunction of sin 28degrees is:
a. cos 152 degrees
b. cos 28 degrees
c. cos 62 degrees
d. csc 62 degrees
*choice a

4. find the measures of two angles, one positive and one negative, that are coterminal with the angle 28 degrees
a. 388 degrees; 152 degrees
b. 388 degrees; -332 degrees
c. 208 degrees; -152 degrees
d. 118 degrees; -62 degrees
*choice c

christina18 said:
are these right?...

1. The exact trig function value with rational denominator for csc 45 degrees is:
a. radical (2)
b. 1
c. 2 radical (3)
d. 1/2
*choice d no

2. Using a calculator find the value of cot (-414degrees) to four decimal places.
a. -0.7265
b. -9.5143
c. -1.3764
d. -2.2460
*choice b no

3. the cofunction of sin 28degrees is:
a. cos 152 degrees
b. cos 28 degrees
c. cos 62 degrees
d. csc 62 degrees
*choice a no

4. find the measures of two angles, one positive and one negative, that are coterminal with the angle 28 degrees
a. 388 degrees; 152 degrees
b. 388 degrees; -332 degrees
c. 208 degrees; -152 degrees
d. 118 degrees; -62 degrees
*choice c no

We'll be glad to help you find your errors, but you will need to show how you arrived at these answers. Please reply showing your work and reasoning.

Thank you.

Eliz.

Is there a helpful website where it shows steps on how to solve these the correct way? Bc I can't seem to get the flow on starting these problems :?

christina18 said:
Is there a helpful website where it shows steps on how to solve these the correct way? Bc I can't seem to get the flow on starting these problems :?

Showing your work, would allow us to see where you are having problems.

right and I totally understand that...but I need help on how to begin the problems bc I do not know how...that is why I asked if you had one of those helpful websites you usually post in order to help the person out

christina18 said:
right and I totally understand that...but I need help on how to begin the problems bc I do not know how...that is why I asked if you had one of those helpful websites you usually post in order to help the person out

Then where did your "original" answers come from?

christina18 said:
I need help on how to begin the problems bc I do not know how.
I'm sorry, but I do not understand the above statement. The exercises in your previous thread were very similar, and you said you understood them, just needing a slight correction.

If you could do those on your own, why can you not even start these? Or have you been just randomly guessing letter-options, and waiting for a certain tutor to provide you with all the solutions? I certainly hope not....

Please reply with what you have tried. At the very least, you should have been able to plug something into your calculator for (2). What did you enter? What did you get?

For (1), what triangle did you draw? What function did you relate the cotangent to?

For (3), what is the definition of "cofunction"? How did you use this definition? What did you try?

For (4), what is the definition of "coterminal"? What picture did you draw? What number(s) did you add to or subtract from 28? What did you get?

Please show some modicum of effort, in case that certain tutor doesn't happen to pass through before this assignment is due. Thank you.

Eliz.

If i was just "guessing" on the previous post then I should go on the show Who Wants to be a Millionare since I got alot right. I certainly was not guessing...I just need some help thats all. :(

for number 1 i know that the equation is csc (theta)=r/y

for number 2...I know the equation is cotangent of theta=cot (theta)=adjacent/opposite

for number 3...i know that sin (theta)=y/r...and sin28 degrees=0.469 but to get the cofunction is where I get lost.

for number 4...I know that....Two angles drawn in standard position and have a common terminal side are called coterminal angles

See, I do know the formulas and definitions I just do not know HOW to put it into use with the math question itself...please now that I showed that can somebody help me!

christina18 said:
for number 1 i know that the equation is csc (theta)=r/y
So draw the reference triangle for a 45° angle, label the sides the way you've learned, and copy down the answer. Or else look on the table of values they had you memorize (if the course leaned that direction), and find the reciprocal of the appropriate value.

christina18 said:
for number 2...I know the equation is cotangent of theta=cot (theta)=adjacent/opposite
Actually, in (2) you are asked to use your calculator. What did you do with your calculator? What result did you get?

christina18 said:
for number 3...i know that sin (theta)=y/r...and sin28 degrees=0.469 but to get the cofunction is where I get lost.
What does your book give as the definition of "cofunction"?

christina18 said:
for number 4...I know that....Two angles drawn in standard position and have a common terminal side are called coterminal angles
So how many degrees is "once around the circle"? What picture did you draw? What value did you get when you went "around the circle" in either direction?

christina18 said:
can somebody help me!
Please review the above instructions, along with those provided earlier. Then reply showing (or describing) what you have done. Thank you.

Eliz.

sheesh! Thnks for the help?????? :roll:

for number 2, what do i put into the calculator if the question says cot? I dont have cot in my calculator...

christina18 said:
sheesh! Thnks for the help?????? :roll:

for number 2, what do i put into the calculator if the question says cot? I dont have cot in my calculator...

Don't be ungrateful. Cot is on your calculator. It just doesn't "jump" out and say Cot.

christina18 said:
So look at your calculator and consider the relationship between "cotangent" and the functions which are listed on the calculator.

Eliz.