Vector notation

__SB

I was wondering if somebody could explain whether you canuse fractions in vector notation.
I had to calculate the position vector on a line where OPwas perpendicular to AB (actual method is fine). I got a position vector of:
(8/3, 13/6, 19/6)
Mark scheme gave answer as 1/6 (16i + 13j + 19k)
It’s just I’ve never seen a number outside a position vectorso is mine ok? Thanks.

I was wondering if somebody could explain whether you canuse fractions in vector notation.
I had to calculate the position vector on a line where OPwas perpendicular to AB (actual method is fine). I got a position vector of:
(8/3, 13/6, 19/6)
Mark scheme gave answer as 1/6 (16i + 13j + 19k)
It’s just I’ve never seen a number outside a position vectorso is mine ok? Thanks.
Unless your class has some sort of convention that only integers may be used as multipliers on unit vectors, or that vectors must always be written in terms of sums of unit vectors, or something similar, I don't see anything "wrong" with your form of the answer. ;)

1. Unless your class has some sort of convention that only integers may be used as multipliers on unit vectors, or that vectors must always be written in terms of sums of unit vectors, or something similar, I don't see anything "wrong" with your form of the answer. ;)
Ok thanks!! It was on an exam markscheme; id just never seen it before!