What this mean [0,1) at d?

ThorthonBL2000

What this mean [0,1) at d?

. . .\(\displaystyle \large{\left[0,\, 1\right)^d}\)

Thank you! :smile:

Attachments

• 01d.JPG
    01d.JPG
    1.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
If I had to guess, I would say that it is the subset of \(\displaystyle R^n\) consisting of all points all of whose coordinates are larger than or equal to 0 and less than 1.

With d= 2, this is [0, 1) X [0, 1), with d= 3, [0, 1) X [0, 1) X [0,1), etc.

If I had to guess, I would say that it is the subset of \(\displaystyle R^n\) consisting of all points all of whose coordinates are larger than or equal to 0 and less than 1.

With d= 2, this is [0, 1) X [0, 1), with d= 3, [0, 1) X [0, 1) X [0,1), etc.

So what is \(\displaystyle \large{[0,1)^{\pi}~?}\) If you are correct why not use \(\displaystyle \bf{n}\) rather than \(\displaystyle \bf{d}\). And why use "at" rather than "to"?

Moreover, note that the query was posted in the beginning algebra forum.

Last edited:
If you are correct why not use \(\displaystyle \bf{n}\) rather than \(\displaystyle \bf{d}\). And why use "at" rather than "to"?

Moreover, note that the query was posted in the beginning algebra forum.
Unfortunately, some posters are so lazy that they don't bother locating an appropriate category for their post; they just slap that bugger up there, and let us try to sort it out.

I would note that, despite multiple replies essentially asking the same thing (namely, "where did this come from? what is the context?"), the original poster has not replied. That may be all the information that's actually necessary. :roll: