Z-test and clowns: A surprising number of people are scared of clowns....

fjord

Hi there,

This is my first time using a platform like this but I'm stumped with what's probably a simple task but I don't know where to start. If anyone could help that'd be really appreciated. Thanks all, Fjord.

Question:

A surprising number of people are scared of clowns. You expect that people will have more nightmares the night that they see clowns at the circus. To test this, you send a group of people to a circus with clowns, and a group to a circus without clowns, and measure the number of people in each group who have nightmares that night. Your data is shown below:

NightmaresNice dreams
No clowns1235
Clowns308
Task: Perform a Z-test on nightmares after the no-clown circus minus nightmares after the clown circus. Report the test statistic.

A surprising number of people are scared of clowns. You expect that people will have more nightmares the night that they see clowns at the circus. To test this, you send a group of people to a circus with clowns, and a group to a circus without clowns, and measure the number of people in each group who have nightmares that night.

Your data is shown below:

NightmaresNice dreams
No clowns 1235
Clowns 308

Task: Perform a Z-test on "nightmares after the no-clown circus" minus "nightmares after the clown circus". Report the test statistic.

I'm stumped with what's probably a simple task but I don't know where to start.
Do you know what a "z-test" is? Thank you! ;)

Hi there,

This is my first time using a platform like this but I'm stumped with what's probably a simple task but I don't know where to start. If anyone could help that'd be really appreciated. Thanks all, Fjord.

Question:

A surprising number of people are scared of clowns. You expect that people will have more nightmares the night that they see clowns at the circus. To test this, you send a group of people to a circus with clowns, and a group to a circus without clowns, and measure the number of people in each group who have nightmares that night. Your data is shown below:

NightmaresNice dreams
No clowns1235
Clowns308
Task: Perform a Z-test on nightmares after the no-clown circus minus nightmares after the clown circus. Report the test statistic.
Hi,
Please tell us what you have done so we will know where you are stuck, even if you think it is wrong. If you don't know where to start, please say so and we will try to help. Also, please read the 'read before posting
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/77972-Read-Before-Posting