Help with finding area of graphs!!

echkae

How do I find the area of the shaded regions for these graphs?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Also another question:

Find the slope of the tangent line to the graph of the equation y=(2x^2+3)(x-1) at x=2

Attachments

• graph 1.jpg
    graph 1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 26
  • graph 2.jpg
    graph 2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 26
  • graph 3.jpg
    graph 3.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 26
How do I find the area of the shaded regions for these graphs?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Also another question:

Find the slope of the tangent line to the graph of the equation y=(2x^2+3)(x-1) at x=2

How do I find the area of the shaded regions for these graphs? → Use integration

Find the slope of the tangent line to the graph of the equation y=(2x^2+3)(x-1) at x=2 → use differentiation

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

How do I find the area of the shaded regions for these graphs? → Use integration

Find the slope of the tangent line to the graph of the equation y=(2x^2+3)(x-1) at x=2 → use differentiation

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

How do I apply integration to find the area of the graphs? I don't understand what integration or differentiation is...

How do I apply integration to find the area of the graphs? I don't understand what integration or differentiation is...
What kind of calculus class are you taking, that it hasn't covered anything about differentiation or integration? :shock:

You don't need either integration or differentiation; just the ability to count and estimate.
How many square units are shaded in? This is a standard exercise in beginning calculus. The whole idea is to get students to realize what the course is all about. Many who have taught calculus do not realize that Newton worked out the integral before ever thinking about a derivative. Most do not know that Newton had two passions: astronomy & the Book of Revelation. He had to know the AREA swept out by the motions of the planets.

What kind of calculus class are you taking, that it hasn't covered anything about differentiation or integration? :shock:
You don't need either integration or differentiation; just the ability to count and estimate.
How many square units are shaded in? This is a standard exercise in beginning calculus. The whole idea is to get students to realize what the course is all about. Many who have taught calculus do not realize that Newton worked out the integral before ever thinking about a derivative. Most do not know that Newton had two passions: astronomy & the Book of Revelation. He had to know the AREA swept out by the motions of the planets.

I found the answer to my questions. Thanks for absolutely no help.

I found the answer to my questions. Thanks for absolutely no help.

What help did you expect?

Answers fed to you with a spoon?

Two methods were suggested to you for calculating area under the curve - by integration and by counting squares - and you failed to show any work following either of those methods.

In this forum - we show the way; not spoon-feed the answer. To get help, you must show how willing are you to help yourself!!

What help did you expect?
Read the poster's mind to figure out what method is expected, then do all the steps by that method -- preferably in hand-written form, so it can be printed out and handed in. :lol: