Am I good to go?

khris le

My course work is worth 60% and the exam is worth 40%
I got 58.25% (I think this is out of 100% because I failed an coursework) in course work (223 out of 400). What's the minimum I did to make in the exam to pass the course?

I'm sorry if I did not explain this correctly, I've confused my own self.

My course work is worth 60% and the exam is worth 40%
I got 58.25% (I think this is out of 100% because I failed an coursework) in course work (223 out of 400). What's the minimum I did to make in the exam to pass the course?

I'm sorry if I did not explain this correctly, I've confused my own self.
First, 223/400 = 55.75%
Second, what's the passing mark?

First, 223/400 = 55.75%
Second, what's the passing mark?
On the report it had 58.25%, not sure if the extra marks were for participation or something. I don't know what the passing mark would be. I assume half of the total 100 percent made up from the final exam (40%) and coursework (60%).

On the report it had 58.25%, not sure if the extra marks were for participation or something. I don't know what the passing mark would be. I assume half of the total 100 percent made up from the final exam (40%) and coursework (60%).
You don't know what grade you need to pass the course then how are we supposed to know?

Let's just say the pass mark is 50% overall as you suggest - this may NOT be the case in reality. Some courses may require you to "pass" the exam and the coursework separately, some courses may have a 60% pass mark cutoff. It can vary widely. Personally, I wouldn't want to consult a surgeon who "passed" his/her surgery subject with 50%.

But let's assume an overall 50% cutoff here. And given that the exam: coursework split is 40 : 60.

You have 58.25% (not sure where that came from??) on coursework, so effectively you have 58.25% of 60 = 34.95 marks so far.

To get to 50 marks (out of 100), you need another 15.05 marks out of the remaining 40 ie 37.6%.

But I wouldn't count on it! Just do your very best.

Let's just say the pass mark is 50% overall as you suggest - this may NOT be the case in reality. Some courses may require you to "pass" the exam and the coursework separately, some courses may have a 60% pass mark cutoff. It can vary widely. Personally, I wouldn't want to consult a surgeon who "passed" his/her surgery subject with 50%.

But let's assume an overall 50% cutoff here. And given that the exam: coursework split is 40 : 60.

You have 58.25% (not sure where that came from??) on coursework, so effectively you have 58.25% of 60 = 34.95 marks so far.

To get to 50 marks (out of 100), you need another 15.05 marks out of the remaining 40 ie 37.6%.

But I wouldn't count on it! Just do your very best.
Thank you so much....I plan on doing my best regardless. This is really important for me and math is clearly not my strong point, I guess I was just looking for some slight encouragement so thank you...