analyze the graph

alyren

A) find the x and y intercept of the graph of f.
B) determine whether the graph crosses or touch the x-axis at each x-intercept
C) end behavior: find the power function that the graph of f resembles for large values|x|
D)use a graphing utility to graph the function. approximate the local maxima & minima, rounded to 2 decimal place if necessary.
E) determine the number of turning points on the graph
F) put all the information together, and connect the points with a smooth, continuous curve to obtain the graph of f

f(x)=x^4-x^3+x-1

A)
Y-intercept = f(x)=0, y-int= -1
X-intercept =x^4 - x^3 + x - 1 = 0 , =x^3 ( x - 1 ) + ( x - 1 ), =(x^3 + 1 ) ( x - 1 ) = 0 for x = -1 and x = 1
the rest i dont need help

alyren said:
A) find the x and y intercept of the graph of f.
B) determine whether the graph crosses or touch the x-axis at each x-intercept
C) end behavior: find the power function that the graph of f resembles for large values|x|
D)use a graphing utility to graph the function. approximate the local maxima & minima, rounded to 2 decimal place if necessary.
E) determine the number of turning points on the graph
F) put all the information together, and connect the points with a smooth, continuous curve to obtain the graph of f

f(x)=x^4-x^3+x-1

A)
Y-intercept = f(x)=0, This line does not make sense; I'm ignoring it.

y-int = -1 This looks correct because the y-intercept is f(0).

X-intercept =x^4 - x^3 + x - 1 = 0 , =x^3 ( x - 1 ) + ( x - 1 ), =(x^3 + 1 ) ( x - 1 ) = 0 for x = -1 and x = 1 This looks correct. Your work would be easier to read, were you to type one equation per line.

the rest i dont need help Then why did you type it ? :?

Part (D) instructs you to graph the function using a machine. Did you do that ? Most of the questions can be answered by looking at the graph.