Can I get a polynomial out of a polynomial division?

kantic

I have a to divide a thrid degree polynomial by another one, is it possible for me to get another polynomial out of it?
By the way, I am working with decimal numbers (floats in 32bits).
If it is possible, this problem needs to be solved relatively quickly as I plan on using the solution in a videogame, basically every frame. Let's say the division looks something like this:
((ax3+bx3+cx+d)/(ex3+fx3+gx+h)) = f(x)
How do i get f(x) = jx3+kx3+lx+m?

I have a to divide a thrid degree polynomial by another one, is it possible for me to get another polynomial out of it?
If it is possible, this problem needs to be solved relatively quickly as I plan on using the solution in a videogame, basically every frame. Let's say the division looks something like this:

j, k, and l would have to be zero. m would be a constant. You would not
get another third degree polynomial out of it as the quotient for f(x).

The degree of the quotient will be the difference in the degrees of the dividend and divisor. Given that the latter are the same, the quotient has to be a constant (and the remainder will in general have degree 2, less in special cases). Yes, it will be a polynomial (usually with a remainder), but not a very interesting one.

What were you expecting?

Every product of polynomials is a polynomial, but not every quotient of polynomials is a polynomial.