can someone confirm my answer

RogierVanLoon

The question was: r = 2/(1 - 6sin(θ)) this is in pool coordinates this can be expressed as x^2 = ay^2 + by + c in Cartesian coordinates. What is a + b + c?
My answer is 63, can someone confirm this?

It is not fair that you ask helpers here, who are volunteers, to solve your problem to see if the answer is 63. It would be better if you show us your work and we can see if you made any mistakes. This will much faster for a helper and then they can help other students. Please post back showing your work. For the record, the showing of work, as outlined in the posting guidelines, is actually mandatory anyways to receive help.

Too bad we have no idea how you managed that "63". Did you just copy it out of the back of the book?

Show us your work or we can't help, other than by making a lucky guess.

The question was: r = 2/(1 - 6sin(θ)) this is in pool coordinates this can be expressed as x^2 = ay^2 + by + c in Cartesian coordinates. What is a + b + c?
My answer is 63, can someone confirm this?
What are pool coordinates? Proofreading is important when you ask a math question!

I suspect you mean polar coordinates.

Ow my bad,
This was an excercise from my exam last week and my friend and I had both different answers. Anyway I will attach my work.137217245_1006701453152791_224822228155417631_n.jpg

Demonstrate to "your friend" the error of his/her ways and move on. :)