Could you help me with this exercise of Riemann Surfaces?

chnhe

a) If for the multivalued function \(\displaystyle f\left(z\right)=\sqrt{z-i}+\sqrt{z+i}\) the branch cuts are chosen as the segments that join z = i with z = -i, and z = -i with \(\displaystyle \infty \), indicates how the 16 edges are identified on the four sheets to form their Riemann surface.
b) For the multivalued function \(\displaystyle h\left(z\right)=\sqrt{z^2+1}\), let H(z) be the branch obtained by choosing the branch cut as the segment that joins the two branch points and H(1)> 0. Determine the value of H(-2-i) and justify it.

I am looking for a starting point, not the solution.

I am looking for a starting point, not the solution.
I'd start by familiarizing myself with Riemann surfaces. I'm not sure what a good starting point for you may be, as you haven't shared anything about why you're stuck or what you already understand about the two exercises.

[imath]\;[/imath]

I do not have much time to do it, and I find the exercise quite difficult and I have already been studying on Riemann surfaces. Just knowing how to start it would be enough. In a) at least I know that the function has four leaves, corresponding to the four options ± sqrt(z-i) and ± sqrt(z + i).