differential equation - Separable variable

talha nadeem

According to an economic model, the growth rate of ? = ?(?) is proportional to ?(?) with a factor of proportionality of 5. If initially ?(0) = 10

According to an economic model, the growth rate of ? = ?(?) is proportional to ?(?) with a factor of proportionality of 5. If initially ?(0) = 10
You have NOT posted a question!!

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Asking partially for my own sake although I think it will also help the OP with their modeling: When one finds the term "growth rate" or "growth rate of [imath]y(t)[/imath]" in the wild, can it be assumed to refer to [imath]a(t)[/imath] in the linear ODE [imath]y'(t) = a(t)y(t) + f(t)[/imath]? To me "rate of growth" sounds identical to "rate of change," and so in some contexts I've interpreted "growth rate" to mean [imath]y'(t)[/imath] in the above ODE.

Asking partially for my own sake although I think it will also help the OP with their modeling: When one finds the term "growth rate" or "growth rate of [imath]y(t)[/imath]" in the wild, can it be assumed to refer to [imath]a(t)[/imath] in the linear ODE [imath]y'(t) = a(t)y(t) + f(t)[/imath]? To me "rate of growth" sounds identical to "rate of change," and so in some contexts I've interpreted "growth rate" to mean [imath]y'(t)[/imath] in the above ODE.
Yes - in most cases " growth" is equivalent to "change"

[math]5y(t) = y’(t) \implies 5y = \dfrac{dy}{dt} \implies \dfrac{dy}{y} = 5dt \implies WHAT?[/math]
And as Subhotosh Khan asks, what is your question? Are you trying to find y(t)?