Fence height and distance

Gdall

Hello

Im building decking in my garden which will raise the ground level.

The neighbour is worried that ill be able to see over their fence and into their garden - which is correct.

I can make the deck lower near to the fence and then higher as I get further away - so in theory as I get further away I wont be able to see in. The garden slopes too - so I will need to step the decking down.

Is there a formula so I can establish at various points (as I move away from the fence) if i will be able to see over (I have the ground levels - so I would know the ground/deck levels and I have the fence heights too).

Thanks

Hello

Im building decking in my garden which will raise the ground level.

The neighbour is worried that ill be able to see over their fence and into their garden - which is correct.

I can make the deck lower near to the fence and then higher as I get further away - so in theory as I get further away I wont be able to see in. The garden slopes too - so I will need to step the decking down.

Is there a formula so I can establish at various points (as I move away from the fence) if i will be able to see over (I have the ground levels - so I would know the ground/deck levels and I have the fence heights too).

Thanks
In part, it depends on what is meant by "see into the garden". For example, if the fence is 6 feet high, and they don't want you to be able to see their heads which are 6 feet high, then your deck just has to be low enough that your eyes will never be more than 6 feet above the same level. If they don't want you to see their ground anywhere, the story will be entirely different.

Can you at least sketch the situation, in a way that shows what you want to happen?