Find the total number of elements that satisfy this condition..

don't get it. what 3 in the bottom
You are amazing!
BBB says that you did not put 3! in the denominator and you respond with what 3.

3! and 3 are different.
3!=6. So what happened to the 6 in the denominator.

[math]n!/(3*2*1)(n-3)! =[(n!)/(3*2*1)]*(n-3)![/math](n!)/[3*2*1*(n-3)![math][/math](n!)/6(n-3)![math][/math] how about now$$
Still not correct. You opened a bracket, [ , but you never closed it!

[math]or following jomo's suggestion[/math][math][n!)/3*2*1*(n-3)!][/math]

You need to learn this notation. We have N things choosing three at a time.
[imath]^N\mathcal{C}_3=\dbinom{N}{3}=\dfrac{N!}{(3!)(N-3)!}=20[/imath]
SEE HERE

[imath][/imath][imath][/imath][imath][/imath][imath][/imath][imath][/imath]
yes, but I want to see how we get to the result of 6. I need to work the formula myself. I need to do it so I understand the steps

O.K. here it is n!/(n−3)!=120 is [imath]n^3-3n^2+2n=120[/imath]
OR [imath]n^3-3n^2+2n-120=0[/imath] Now I have no idea of how to deal with that cubic.
HERE is how I would find out that [imath]n=6[/imath].

Therecis no other way except the quadratic way?. Because it is really neat but I do not get how you get to the n^3.......

[math]n!/(3*2*1)(n-3)! =[(n!)/(3*2*1)]*(n-3)![/math](n!)/[3*2*1*(n-3)![math][/math](n!)/6(n-3)![math][/math] how about now$$
What you've written is here is [math]\frac{n!(n-3)!}{3!}[/math]which is not the same as
[math]\frac{\text{n!}}{3!(n-3)!}[/math]
Drop me a hint
I've already given you a hint from post#2. I asked you to use the definition of factorial to simplify the n! and the (n-3)! terms.

BBB, I do not know how to expand the factorial of a variable. All I can do is this. If you help me I can continue.
n!/3*2*1(n-3)!=20

Therecis no other way except the quadratic way?. Because it is really neat but I do not get how you get to the n^3.......
If you cannot multiply [imath]n(n-1)(n-2)[/imath] and get [imath]n(n^2-3n+2)=n^3+3n^2+2n[/imath][imath][/imath][imath][/imath]
The you are wasting all our time here!

BBB, I do not know how to expand the factorial of a variable. All I can do is this. If you help me I can continue.
n!/3*2*1(n-3)!=20
You knew 3! = 3* 2*1 = 6
So if I ask you what's n!? What would you do? Use the definition of factorial. It is the product of all positive integers less than or equal to a given positive integer and denoted by that integer and an exclamation point.

[math]\frac{\text{n!}}{3!(n-3)!}=\frac{n(n-1)(n-2)(n-3)...(3)(2)(1)}{6(n-3)(n-4)(n-5)...(3)(2)(1)}=20[/math]Now, what do you notice between the numerator and denominator?

I see that (3) (2) (1) are in both numerator and denominator and that they can cancel out