Fisher's exact test (In our study, we collected data through binary response questions (yes or no).)

Ceci

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community for advice regarding statistical analysis in a recent study that specifically involved Fisher's exact test. I usually use Jamovi software.

In our study, we collected data through binary response questions (yes or no). My approach involved initiating the analysis using Fisher's exact test whenever any cell in the contingency table had values below 5, while utilizing the chi-square test when all cells had values above this threshold.

A concern emerged when comparing my methodology to a similar study where they consistently utilized the chi-square value, even when calculated through Fisher's exact test (marked as a red square). However, the jamovi software does not directly calculate Fisher's test (marked as a green square).

My intent is to present the final table to my colleagues, ensuring consistent inclusion of the chi-square test value (marked as a blue square) with its corresponding p-value, while explicitly noting the statistical method utilized, which predominantly involves Fisher's exact test (marked as a purple square).

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or insights from this community regarding this approach and the utilization of Fisher's exact test in statistical analysis. As this project marks my initial foray into significant research, your expertise and advice are invaluable.

Additionally, I was wondering if anyone could shed light on the terminology "χ²(1)/U" (blue square) and in which contexts it would be appropriate to adopt it.

I sincerely thank you for any advice or clarification you can offer on these matters. This is my first significant project, and I feel a bit lost, so I truly value any insights drawn from your expertise and experience.

Thank you very much,

Cecilia

Attachments

• IMG_3199.png
    IMG_3199.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3200.png
    IMG_3200.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3201.png
    IMG_3201.png
    16 KB · Views: 1