Fractional powers

Lindt

I'm looking for some equations in engineering or science with fractional powers, like x^4/3 or something. Any ideas?

look at the roots of a quadratic equation.
You misunderstand. I'm not looking for solutions. For example, [math]E=mc^2[/math] is an equation where the power of c is 2. I want to know if there any practical equations with terms with fractional powers.

Perhaps, you've misunderstood, Lindt. The quadratic formula may be written as:

x = [-b ± D^(1/2)] ÷ (2a) where D is the Discriminant.

? Have you tried googling keywords, for examples? It took me less than a minute to find this example.

expEG.JPG

?

Heads Up: In this forum, if we use dollar signs to invoke LaTeX, they need to be double dollar signs. (Additional tags and options may be found here.)

Using the Preview button (as explained in Read Before Posting) helps locate typing/formatting errors before posting. ;)

[imath]\;[/imath]

I'm looking for some equations in engineering or science with fractional powers, like x^4/3 or something. Any ideas?

You must use grouping symbols when you write it out in horizontal style:

x^(4/3)

You misunderstand. I'm not looking for solutions. For example, [math]E=mc^2[/math] is an equation where the power of c is 2. I want to know if there any practical equations with terms with fractional powers.
Work through the list here:

For example, the first is Kepler's law, which (solved for T) says that T is proportional to [imath]R^{3/2}[/imath]. The second shows exponents like -2.35. The first example under Biology, Kleiber's law, has exponent 3/4.