Function Help: Country A) Here, the number of infected increases with the number of days in the epidemic multiplied by itself.

guest24

There are two situations I want to express as a function and make a graph.
The assignment is about viruses that spread.
Country A) Here, the number of infected increases with the number of days in the epidemic multiplied by itself.
Country B) Here we see that the number of infected people doubles every day.

If someone can help, thank you :)

Country A) Here, the number of infected increases with the number of days in the epidemic multiplied by itself.

We'll be glad to help! But we'll first need to see where you're having trouble, so please reply with that information. ("Read Before Posting")

When you reply, please include your understanding of the rule for Country (A). I'm not sure; does it maybe mean that you're supposed to be squaring the number of days?

Thank you!

For the first part of the problem:
  1. What is the "find" of the problem - what are you searching. If I were to do this problem, I am looking for an "equation" (relation).

2. What are the variables of the problem - I would write (1) number of infected (I), number of days (D), and

3. What are/is the given. .... Here we were told
    ............."the number of infected increases with the number of days in the epidemic multiplied by itself.

Continue........