Graph Calculation

Timelens

Hello. I'm looking for a formula to somewhat fit the graph attached: 1660657596943.png
It needs to start off shallow, be steep in the middle and then become shallow again towards the end. I would like to put in a number from 0 to 1 and have the formula return roughly where it would be on the graph.
If anyone can solve this, thank you.

Hello. I'm looking for a formula to somewhat fit the graph attached: View attachment 33720
It needs to start off shallow, be steep in the middle and then become shallow again towards the end. I would like to put in a number from 0 to 1 and have the formula return roughly where it would be on the graph.
Can you provide the exact coordinates of your red dots?

Hello. I'm looking for a formula to somewhat fit the graph attached: View attachment 33720
Looks like you want some kind of Sigmoidal Curve. (Have a look here & here.)

The function:  
\(\displaystyle f(x)=(1+0.5e^{-6x})^{-14}\)  will produce a graph like this:-

Sigmoidal-Curve.jpg

If you go into desmos and play around with the parameters (0.5, -6 & -14) you may get a line that more closely corresponds to yours.

Last edited:
Looks like you want some kind of Sigmoidal Curve. (Have a look here & here.)

The function:  
\(\displaystyle f(x)=(1+0.5e^{-6x})^{-14}\)  will produce a graph like this:-

Sigmoidal-Curve.jpg

If you go into desmos and play around with the parameters (0.5, -6 & -14) you may get a line that more closely corresponds to yours.
That is exceedingly helpful. My final result is:
(1 + (e^(-7 * x)))^-10

It's formatted like that since I'm using it for a piece of code I am writing. I expect I will be fine-tuning it, but I've got what I was looking for so I can't thank you enough!

A straight line going from the 1st point (0,0) to the last point (~1,1). So y=x somewhat fits the graph.