Graphing to find break-even pt from cost, revenue functions

KV

The cost of producing a number of items is x is given by C = mx + b, in which b is the fixed cost and m is the variable cost (the cost of the producing one more item).

(a) If the fixed cost is $40 and the variable cost is $10 per item, write a cost equation for producing x items.

My answer: C = 10x + 40

(b) Graph your cost function.

My answer: hard to show it here but my thinking is 10 is on the x axis and the 40 on the y. the lines goes from the 10 up to the right till it reaches 40 on the y.

(c) The revenue generated from the sale of x items is given by R = 50x. Graph the revenue equation on the same set of axes as the cost equation.

Here I am stumped.

(d) How many items much be produced for the revenue to equal the cost (the break-even point)?

KV said:
my thinking is 10 is on the x axis and the 40 on the y.
It sounds like you've never learned how to graph linear equations. That should have been covered before they asked you to do graphing for your homework.

Since we cannot teach the necessary lesson within this environment, please study some of the lessons available online.

Once you have learned the basic terms and techniques, you'll have no difficulty graphing these simple lines.

Eliz.