• 169C8469-EA5E-44AE-BA3D-F22B9F7DD2C8.jpeg
    169C8469-EA5E-44AE-BA3D-F22B9F7DD2C8.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
All the options I have are :
a. 8 metres
b. 2 metres
c. 10 metres
d. 6 metres
Are you implying that you did some work and got a different answer? Please show your work and your answer so we have something specific to discuss.

I will say that this is a poorly worded question; they don't define x and y, and the picture is confusing in terms of apparent perspective. They stick a pair of coordinates into the picture without explanation; I initially missed that.

But I was able to get one of the choices, by finding where the two graphs intersect (which would be the bounce from the tree), and then finding the horizontal distance to that point from (2,3).

Are you implying that you did some work and got a different answer? Please show your work and your answer so we have something specific to discuss.

I will say that this is a poorly worded question; they don't define x and y, and the picture is confusing in terms of apparent perspective. They stick a pair of coordinates into the picture without explanation; I initially missed that.

But I was able to get one of the choices, by finding where the two graphs intersect (which would be the bounce from the tree), and then finding the horizontal distance to that point from (2,3).
Hello and yes! I got confused and after thinking I ended up doing the exact same thing you did and got 10 metres. Thank you so much! I had a wrong sign and that lead me on having a completely different answer ?? Have a lovely day