Help with functions

adi9891

Hi,

I have to do this assignment and I have no idea where to even begin.

Should I be thinking of the roof design from a bird’s eye view or from the side? It just doesn’t seem very clear.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Adi

Attachments

• B036793E-3327-4A9C-977F-48E93178B1B1.jpeg
    B036793E-3327-4A9C-977F-48E93178B1B1.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

Should I be thinking of the roof design from a bird’s eye view or from the side? It just doesn’t seem very clear.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Adi
This is a design project. Some of the elements are left out for your imagination (I am assuming).

If I were to do this project, I would sketch the roof (and the house)

from side​
from front and back (elevation) and​
from the top (plan view - I am assuming you are calling this "bird's eye view")​

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

Hi,

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Adi
I think the side view (say, with the porch on the left, and the one-storey section on the right) should be your main focus. Most likely it will look rectangular in the other views.

You have given us no clue what course this problem comes from so it is very difficult to know what advice to give you. I'd start by recognizing that you must provide at least three different solutions. If this is for a design class, you may want to explore more than just three solutions, and you may very well to want to explore the fact that you have three dimensions to play with. If this is for a math class, you probably can forget the third dimension unless you think that might give you extra credit.

Now the functions don't care from what angle they are viewed, but you need to think about the functions so a frame of reference would be helpful. Let's say x measures from front to back, y measures from top to bottom, and z measures from left to right along the front of the house (or right to left along the back of the house. If you are going to just vary the roof with respect to two dimensions and you want to sketch things, what plane is most useful to visualize, zy, zx, yx?