How deep are the shallow and deep ends of the swimming pool?

onesun0000

I am not sure if my answer is right. The graph shows how the depth of water in a swimming pool increases when water is pumped in at a constant rate.

Question: Assuming the pool was full after 50 minutes, how deep was the shallow end? How about the deep end?

My answer is 1 meter for the shallow end and 2.5 meters for the deep end. But I am not sure if my answer is correct.

Here's the graph:

1588089106636.png

The y-axis is depth in meters and the x-axis is time in minutes.

I am not sure if my answer is right. The graph shows how the depth of water in a swimming pool increases when water is pumped in at a constant rate.

Question: Assuming the pool was full after 50 minutes, how deep was the shallow end? How about the deep end?

My answer is 1 meter for the shallow end and 2.5 meters for the deep end. But I am not sure if my answer is correct.

Here's the graph:

View attachment 18268

The y-axis is depth in meters and the x-axis is time in minutes.
Can you explain your reasoning?

Can you explain your reasoning?
For the deep end, I assumed it should be the deepest depth on the graph, which is at 50. for the shallow end, I am not sure if 1 m is correct, I just assumed it since at point (1,10), the time rate at which the pool was filled changed.

I am not really sure how. But in my head, the shallow end must be 1 m above the deep end. I am not sure.
Draw the pool (cross-section). The deep end depth is 2.5m. Then the shallow end is 1m higher than the deepest point. If this is the case, what is the depth of the shallow end?

Oh. I got it! the shallow end must be 1.5 m deep. I imagined the pool 2.5 m deep. There is like 1 m step (like on a ladder) before you reach the shallow end. So the shallow end must be 1.5 meters deep. Is this right?

Oh. I got it! the shallow end must be 1.5 m deep. I imagined the pool 2.5 m deep. There is like 1 m step (like on a ladder) before you reach the shallow end. So the shallow end must be 1.5 meters deep. Is this right?
I think so. Provided we can deduce from the graph that the bottom surface of both areas is horizontal. I've never seen such pools though.

I think so. Provided we can deduce from the graph that the bottom surface of both areas is horizontal. I've never seen such pools though.
True. that just helped me picture the situation. the pool can't have that. that's dangerous. Thank you so much for the help.