How do I find the intersecting point(point A) of these straight lines?

Username1

I've been stuck on this problem for a day so it'd help a lot to get some assistance. Here is the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_011425.jpg
    IMG_20211230_011425.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Have you tried to find the equation for [imath]L_1?[/imath] You have two points on the line.
Point A is where [imath]L_1[/imath] and [imath]L_2[/imath] are equal. :)

Last edited:
Just to add to response # (2)

The equation of a line going through points (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) is:

\(\displaystyle \frac{y - y_1}{x - x_1} \ = \ \frac{y_2 - y_1}{x_2 - x_1}\)

You never asked a question!! The other helpers suspect that you want to find the point of intersection. It would have been nice if you had given the instructions for the problem along with the work you have tried. After all, all this was in the posting guidelines.

You never asked a question!! The other helpers suspect that you want to find the point of intersection. It would have been nice if you had given the instructions for the problem along with the work you have tried. After all, all this was in the posting guidelines.
Actually, the question is in the title (not a good practice, as the way I look at questions, I usually miss it):

How do I find the intersecting point(point A) of these straight lines?​

I've been stuck on this problem for a day so it'd help a lot to get some assistance. Here is the picture.
What we're primarily lacking is information on what methods the OP has tried (or has learned).

Have you tried to find the equation for [imath]L_1?[/imath] You have two points on the line.
Point A is where [imath]L_1[/imath] and [imath]L_2[/imath] are equal. :)
Technically, the lines will not be equal! We want to find a point that satisfies the equations of both lines; or, as one specific method, for what value of x the two values of y are equal.

@Username1: Please show us some of what you tried, and where you are stuck, so we can know what additional help to give. There are many ways to solve this, and I'd prefer to help you with a method you have learned, rather than shove another method at you.