HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

MATH_LOSER

Hello I’m new here and I need HELP finding a mathematical equation to prove this experiment true or false. How can this be illustrated in mathematical equation? I would truly appreciate any help.

-ML

Attachments

• 2C46F172-F0A3-4A23-AC7F-E9D07391E00C.jpeg
    2C46F172-F0A3-4A23-AC7F-E9D07391E00C.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 27
This person claims to have gone 11 years without seeing their reflection. How can I mathematically prove this to be true or false or at least figure out an equation to figure out an possible or impossible outcome… I just cannot fathom how to put this into perspective without some sort of mathematical explanation. I would appreciate any help. Thank you for your reply.

-ML

Why would you think this has anything to do with mathematics? Are you clear on what mathematics IS and what kind of problems it can solve?

I apologize if this seems like a joke but I can assure you it isn’t. Although math is obviously not my strongpoint I have a fair understanding of what math is. It is all around us and we use it everyday without realizing. Math can create and destroy from the atom to the sun there is math all in between.

I came across this post and I wanted to figure out a way to put this into and equation just for fun to be honest. The probability of this person avoiding their reflection for 11 years seems impossible to me. Say you can somehow calculate this in numbers. I’m curious to know if mathematics can be applied to this experiment…

I was curious to see if there is some sort of equation that could attempt to prove this claim possible or impossible. If there isn’t than I will just let it be.

thank you for the response.

-ML

I apologize if this seems like a joke but I can assure you it isn’t. Although math is obviously not my strongpoint I have a fair understanding of what math is. It is all around us and we use it everyday without realizing. Math can create and destroy from the atom to the sun there is math all in between.

I came across this post and I wanted to figure out a way to put this into and equation just for fun to be honest. The probability of this person avoiding their reflection for 11 years seems impossible to me. Say you can somehow calculate this in numbers. I’m curious to know if mathematics can be applied to this experiment…

I was curious to see if there is some sort of equation that could attempt to prove this claim possible or impossible. If there isn’t than I will just let it be.

thank you for the response.

-ML
NOT every true phenomenon can be put in mathematical (equation) form.

A mother loves her children.​

No matter how hard I try, I cannot put that statement in an mathematical form.

Hello I’m new here and I need HELP finding a mathematical equation to prove this experiment true or false. How can this be illustrated in mathematical equation? I would truly appreciate any help.

-ML
I came across this post and I wanted to figure out a way to put this into an equation just for fun to be honest. The probability of this person avoiding their reflection for 11 years seems impossible to me. Say you can somehow calculate this in numbers. I’m curious to know if mathematics can be applied to this experiment…

You could mathematically determine the probability of something that is random, though you would need to gather lots of data (about how many mirrors there are in a typical home, etc.); but that doesn't apply to something that is done intentionally, like this.

And in any case, probability can't prove impossibility. At the most, it could demonstrate unlikelihood. Probability is the study of uncertainty!

Of course it's unlikely that anyone could successfully do this. ("Most" reflective surfaces?? And did he ever leave home?) But math won't do any more than common sense does. It isn't magic.

-ML
This sounds fun lol. I will try to find an equation for that one!

This sounds fun lol. I will try to find an equation for that one!
Thank you for your response! You’re the only one that’s taken me seriously and I’m glad that you’re takin a fun approach to this. I’m excited to see what you come up with and even if you don’t I truly appreciate your effort.

-ML

You could mathematically determine the probability of something that is random, though you would need to gather lots of data (about how many mirrors there are in a typical home, etc.); but that doesn't apply to something that is done intentionally, like this.

And in any case, probability can't prove impossibility. At the most, it could demonstrate unlikelihood. Probability is the study of uncertainty!

Of course it's unlikely that anyone could successfully do this. ("Most" reflective surfaces?? And did he ever leave home?) But math won't do any more than common sense does. It isn't magic.
Thank you for your input and explanation.

-ML

Is this person a vampire??
You may be on to something here…?‍♂️
Im thinking that this person went about their life for 11 years without looking at anything that may reflect their face.

How is this possible unless you live in a cave right?

There’s approximately 4,015 days in 11 years how is it possible to not see your face in something somewhere at least once?

How can I put this into a mathematical perspective?

I’m just so curious to see if there is a way…

You may be on to something here…?‍♂️
Im thinking that this person went about their life for 11 years without looking at anything that may reflect their face.

How is this possible unless you live in a cave right?

There’s approximately 4,015 days in 11 years how is it possible to not see your face in something somewhere at least once?

I’m just so curious to see if there is a way…
Minor technicality - 11 years will encompass 3 leapyears - so 4018 days...

P.T.B. Theorem:

(suckers born) / (1 min) >= 1

Judge Judy Law:

If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true.

I haven't seen pictures of me at age 5,9,14 for more than half a century, but I clearly remember my face in those photos. Perhaps, Mirror Boy can't recall his face from 11 years ago because he has suffered a neural deficit (eg: closed head injury). Or, perhaps, Mirror Boy is not telling the truth.

The op image looks like something that could have spread from that cesspool of misinformation called Facebook.

:rolleyes:

Thank you for your response! You’re the only one that’s taken me seriously and I’m glad that you’re takin a fun approach to this. I’m excited to see what you come up with and even if you don’t I truly appreciate your effort.

-ML
:) Oh no problem at all. It sounds kind of fun and really creative of you to think of something like that