how long should it take him to paint a wall that measures 16 feet by 18 feet?

Stop doing it from memory as it is not working. Trust me I would get it wrong more often then you if I did it by memory. Multiply/divide both sides to get t alone. Do this every time!

I know how to do that. I just got confused.
t= r * d
This is the 3rd time you made the same mistake in this thread.
As I wrote here, and as Jomo noted, you need to master this area before tackling word problems. In math each area is built on previous knowledge. You can't pick one area and make real progress there without first completing all the prerequisites. Ever tried building a house out of blocks? Can you build the second floor first? That's math.
You can continue with word problems, but things like t= r * d will keep tripping you up, making the experience very frustrating. I would find a curriculum, determine the level you KNOW, and then study subjects in order.

This is the 3rd time you made the same mistake in this thread.
As I wrote here, and as Jomo noted, you need to master this area before tackling word problems. In math each area is built on previous knowledge. You can't pick one area and make real progress there without first completing all the prerequisites. Ever tried building a house out of blocks? Can you build the second floor first? That's math.
You can continue with word problems, but things like t= r * d will keep tripping you up, making the experience very frustrating. I would find a curriculum, determine the level you KNOW, and then study subjects in order.
Yes, you're right. I need to study hard all these formulas and make a lot of exercises. Thanks
I will spend sometime doing that without posting until II get more confidence about these problems.

Yes, you're right. I need to study hard all these formulas and make a lot of exercises. Thanks
I will spend sometime doing that without posting until II get more confidence about these problems.
I will keep visiting the forum looking for word problems that have been posted.
Thanks, if there's any specific book you can recommend, please, let me know.
Thanks a lot. You have been a lot of help and I have learned a lot.

Thanks a lot, thanks a lot., Mr Jomo. I will study that thoroughly. I will take notes and print all the info out and study it. Thanks.
Thanks to you Mr lev. Thanks Mr H, and the rest.
I will study all the YouTube videos. I was already checking them out. It is gonna be interesting and challenging and an experience. Looking forward to starting tomorrow.
Once I am done ( it will take some time) studying and practicing all the info there. I will come back and post again. Thanks.

Thanks to Mr
I will study all the YouTube videos. I was already checking them out. It is gonna be interesting and challenging and an experience. Looking forward to starting tomorrow.
Once I am done ( it will take some time) studying and practicing all the info there. I will come back and post again. Thanks.
Great thanks to Mr Khan too.

No need to go away, post if you have questions.

I know how to do that. I just got confused.
t= r * d
NO! NO!

You are given:

r = d/t

To isolate 'y'all we first get rid of the fraction

r * t = d/t * t = d

then divide both sides by 'r'

r * t / r = d / r

t = d/r

NO! NO!

You are given:

r = d/t

To isolate 'y'all we first get rid of the fraction

r * t = d/t * t = d

then divide both sides by 'r'

r * t / r = d / r

t = d/r
Uhmm, good. Thank you Mr Khan.
I will keep on posting but it will be most surely about the YouTube videos Mr Jomo gave me. I'ma start with Pre-Algebra and then follow through. If I am in doubt about something in those interesting videos then I will post it.
Thank you all.

Last edited: