How much Magnesium Chloride and boron am I getting in my solution?

gigglesnz

I have 250grams magnesium chloride flakes with 1 tablespoon of boron diluted in 1litre of pure distilled water.

How much magnesium chloride and boron am I getting per ml?

I need 400 magnesium chloride per day - how many mls would I need to take?

Someone please help me with the formula so I know how to work it out, thank you

I have 250grams magnesium chloride flakes with 1 tablespoon of boron diluted in 1litre of pure distilled water.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem

Hi @gigglesnz

Your question looks like it is from someone who is struggling(?) to determine the correct dosage for 'medication' (albeit what looks like some kind of herbal remedy) rather than a Maths student trying to answer a class problem.

However, it is not possible to offer any certainty with potential advice because the information provided is incomplete! (Again an indication that this may not be a Maths student in need of help on their knowledge or 'technique'. 🤔)

A "
tablespoon of Boron" is not a definitive quantity so it is not possible to answer your question: "How much magnesium chloride and boron am I getting per ml?" because we simply do not know how much Boron is in your solution!

However, I believe the Boron content of this particular cocktail is pretty much there as some kind of 'catalyst' and your following sentence: "
I need 400 magnesium chloride per day..." seems to indicate that the Boron content might be ignored because it is really a specific (daily) quantity of MgCl (Magnesium Chloride) that you wish to apply (or drink?).

My old Physics teacher, (if we omitted the units in any calculation) would scream at us:
"400 what? Bananas?"

Again, because you failed to specify any units in "400 magnesium chloride", we are not in a position to offer any specific advice.

For example, if you meant: "400 g magnesium chloride" then you would need to take 1.6 litres (2.8 pints) of the solution each day but I suspect that it would be more likely that you would wish to take 400 mg (or perhaps even 400 μg, that's micrograms?) of the MgCl.

If you dissolve all 250 g of the MgCl in 1 litre of water (and ignore any discrepancies arising from the addition of the Boron) then each ml of the resulting solution should (on average) contain 250 mg of MgCl.

Therefore (again on average) 1.6 ml of the solution would contain 400 mg of MgCl. (So a couple of millilitres should be more than ample in that case.)

If that givres you the information you require, please come back and say so or, if doesn't completely address your needs, then please come back with more specific information on the quantities involved and perhaps tell us more about what you are trying to achieve here.

Hope that helps. 😊

The problem is I don't know how to work it out.

If 1ml of wate
Hi @gigglesnz

Your question looks like it is from someone who is struggling(?) to determine the correct dosage for 'medication' (albeit what looks like some kind of herbal remedy) rather than a Maths student trying to answer a class problem.

However, it is not possible to offer any certainty with potential advice because the information provided is incomplete! (Again an indication that this may not be a Maths student in need of help on their knowledge or 'technique'. 🤔)

A "
tablespoon of Boron" is not a definitive quantity so it is not possible to answer your question: "How much magnesium chloride and boron am I getting per ml?" because we simply do not know how much Boron is in your solution!

However, I believe the Boron content of this particular cocktail is pretty much there as some kind of 'catalyst' and your following sentence: "
I need 400 magnesium chloride per day..." seems to indicate that the Boron content might be ignored because it is really a specific (daily) quantity of MgCl (Magnesium Chloride) that you wish to apply (or drink?).

My old Physics teacher, (if we omitted the units in any calculation) would scream at us:
"400 what? Bananas?"

Again, because you failed to specify any units in "400 magnesium chloride", we are not in a position to offer any specific advice.

For example, if you meant: "400 g magnesium chloride" then you would need to take 1.6 litres (2.8 pints) of the solution each day but I suspect that it would be more likely that you would wish to take 400 mg (or perhaps even 400 μg, that's micrograms?) of the MgCl.

If you dissolve all 250 g of the MgCl in 1 litre of water (and ignore any discrepancies arising from the addition of the Boron) then each ml of the resulting solution should (on average) contain 250 mg of MgCl.

Therefore (again on average) 1.6 ml of the solution would contain 400 mg of MgCl. (So a couple of millilitres should be more than ample in that case.)

If that givres you the information you require, please come back and say so or, if doesn't completely address your needs, then please come back with more specific information on the quantities involved and perhaps tell us more about what you are trying to achieve here.

Hope that helps. 😊
Hahaha you'd be right on all accounts lol..

Yes I did try to Google search the formula and how to work it out but maths and science isn't my forte, and I took a stab at this forum maybe helping me out.

I was directed to dissolve 250grams of magnesium chloride in 1litre of distilled water and add 1 tablespoon of borax. Wait until it's fully saturated. Then the next part I don't know how to calculate.

I need 200mg of magnesium chloride twice a day.

I don't know how to work out how much I actually need in mls, nor do I know how to work out how much boron would also be in every 200mg of magnesium chloride since I was told to add it in.

By the way very kind of you to respond even though it's not a maths question per say.

I have hashimotos and getting the quantity right is very important.

The problem is I don't know how to work it out.

If 1ml of wate

Hahaha you'd be right on all accounts lol..

Yes I did try to Google search the formula and how to work it out but maths and science isn't my forte, and I took a stab at this forum maybe helping me out.

I was directed to dissolve 250grams of magnesium chloride in 1litre of distilled water and add 1 tablespoon of borax. Wait until it's fully saturated. Then the next part I don't know how to calculate.

I need 200mg of magnesium chloride twice a day.

I don't know how to work out how much I actually need in mls, nor do I know how to work out how much boron would also be in every 200mg of magnesium chloride since I was told to add it in.

By the way very kind of you to respond even though it's not a maths question per say.

I have hashimotos and getting the quantity right is very important.
Well, as I say, 250 grams of MgCl dissolved in 1 litre (ie: 1,000 millilitres) of water will result in there being 250 mg of MgCl in each millilitre of the solution (give it a good stir, ;))# Dosage Syringe.png

So to get 200 mg you would want 0.8 ml but can you measure to that level of accuracy?

I got this little dosage syringe with kids' medicine (Calpol or the like).

Do you have anything like that?

Using something like that you would still have to estimate 0.8 ml though.

Would it be a problem if you overdosed on this stuff? Could you just take 250 mg (1 ml) twice a day?

Alternatively, if you were to add your 250 grams (plus your Boron) to 1.25 litres (1,250 ml) of water (instead of 1 litre) then each ml should now contain 200 mg of the MgCl.

Hope that helps. 😊

Yes, thank you.
I have a 1ml syringe with accurate increments that will give me 0.8mls exactly. Would you be able to tell me how much boron I would be getting if I had 15grams added to that 1litre of distilled water with the 250grams of magnesium chloride?

Yes, thank you.
I have a 1ml syringe with accurate increments that will give me 0.8mls exactly. Would you be able to tell me how much boron I would be getting if I had 15grams added to that 1litre of distilled water with the 250grams of magnesium chloride?
If you are adding 15 grams of Boron to the solution then that would equate to 15 mg of Boron per ml of the solution.

The arithmetic is really quite simple: 1 gram equals 1,000 mg and 1 litre equals 1,000 ml so x grams/litre equates to x mg/ml. (250 g of MgCl in 1 litre of solution gives 250 mg/ml and 15 g of Boron in 1 litre gives 15 milligrams per millilitre in the solution.) 😊

Ah thank you. I'm a simple person hahaha so the simplicity is great, I appreciate the help in understanding.... Numbers and formulas really isn't my forte 🙏😅

Ah thank you. I'm a simple person hahaha so the simplicity is great, I appreciate the help in understanding.... Numbers and formulas really isn't my forte 🙏😅
It has just occurred to me that I should perhaps have pointed out (since your arithmetic is so bad 😉🤣) that, although there are 250 mg/ml of MgCl and 15 mg/ml of Boron in the solution you have been directed to make up, because you now tell me that you can measure out accurately 0.8 ml of the solution (to get a 200 mg dose of the MgCl) that 0.8 ml of the solution will then contain only 12 mg of the Boron (0.8 × 15). 🤷‍♂️

It has just occurred to me that I should perhaps have pointed out (since your arithmetic is so bad 😉🤣) that, although there are 250 mg/ml of MgCl and 15 mg/ml of Boron in the solution you have been directed to make up, because you now tell me that you can measure out accurately 0.8 ml of the solution (to get a 200 mg dose of the MgCl) that 0.8 ml of the solution will then contain only 12 mg of the Boron (0.8 × 15). 🤷‍♂️
😅😂😂😂 Whatever you say mate.... That sounds right to me hahaha