how to make it so that 3 people painting a room together in 7 hours times out correctly to two individual people painting it in 10 or 9 hours.

JackJack2026

I need help figuring out how to put together the second part of Task B, for my WVA pals in 9th grade, the "Rational Expressions and Functions Unit Portfolio". I need help figuring out how to make it so that 3 people painting a room together in 7 hours times out correctly to two individual people painting it in 10 or 9 hours. Or if someone could give me another equation for it, that would be great!^v^`

I need help figuring out how to put together the second part of Task B, for my WVA pals in 9th grade, the "Rational Expressions and Functions Unit Portfolio". I need help figuring out how to make it so that 3 people painting a room together in 7 hours times out correctly to two individual people painting it in 10 or 9 hours. Or if someone could give me another equation for it, that would be great!^v^`
I will guess that the text of the exercise is something along the lines of the following:

Three people, working together, can paint a room in seven hours. How many hours will it take two of these people to paint the room?

There is a basic method for setting up and solving these sorts of exercises. How far have you gotten in the process?

Please be complete. ("Read Before Posting") Thank you!

Eliz.

Please post the ORIGINAL PROBLEM as it was presented to you. In addition, post your work - so that we know where to begin to help you.